Tuesday, July 16, 2024

 

Long and Profound Discussions

 about the nature of things:


I consider Einstein, Niels Bohr, Max Planck. 

Yet, every dang time I lift my finger up

and say: hey: Eureka! I have found it 

I notice that my index finger is 

pointing toward the moon, 

but alas, I don’t ever 

see the moon.

I see bodies floating, dead

babies in the arms of grieving

parents, and so many humans

hiding behind their inner fortresses

where they store their distorted imprints

from parents, culture, religion, and g-d knows

where? “Boy is dead” we hear, and then we gasp. 


But I beg to differ, the boy must die, 

the cold blue snake slithers along

with the story of life and death

merging. Rebirth just might

be the truth’s seventh

wave, we are forever

in the twilight of 

things and our

addiction to

knowing

is the

very

murky obstacle

to delving into the depths. 


So, relax and dare to be uncertain, 

it’s not our time to solve the conundrum

of the universe’s unfolding. Do what you can.

Show grandma “Eye-dah” how to operate the

“Hide-a”-bed. Share such little secrets now

that you can. Things will reveal themselves

by you and I remembering, forgiving, and

loving. The rest will take care of itself. 


Or maybe it won’t? Either way, it’s a 

lovely day today and the white

hyacinths are in full bloom, 

eagerly creeping over the

back fence.


No comments:

Post a Comment