I Don’t Know
A baby, our long-awaited innocent precious one, is dead.
Is there any way to make sense of this dreadful tragedy?
Dare I or we even imagine replacing what is so irreplicable?
I think not. I cannot grasp the enormity of this loss.
To even question this reality might itself be impudent.
I reach out for guidance from an esteemed elder who lives
On a remote island, away from the “madding crowd.”
I find no answers or perspectives to guide me. He would
Surely, only direct me toward my own broken mirror of self.
But wait! I’ll have us bid on a new house from whence we
Will see and truly grasp both the good and the evil of humans.
We then realize that we already live in such a house with many
Stories that belie both the wisdom and the naivete of pretending
To know the answers to such questions as these. We soon realize
That we don’t have the words or thoughts to communicate at this
Level and we don’t have the currency to understand this universe.
We are stranded in clumsy and simplistic levels of electromagnetic
Waves that seem to curse us with the propensity to pretend that we
we know for sure, who is right, where lies the answer, which people
own the land, worship correctly, and a variety of other such notions
that inhabit the minds of human beings over the last million years.
It ain’t much but at least I know that I don’t know.
No comments:
Post a Comment