What a Day . . !
I went to the deli to have a corned beef sandwich and ‘’they” said
“you can’t have one in the afternoon.” A simple and sweet request
turned to salt! I then took the kids to the fair for a couple of burgers.
First I got ignored, then “they” kept my burger for themself.
Not only that, I forgot my keys to some house that’s not even mine
and berated myself for that! Finally, I returned from this day and
the house was on fire! I ran like hell, back and forth to warn others
from the intense heat, and somehow ran into the snow. What the hey?
I expected a world that might be consistent but no: sweet and salty,
fair and unfair, fire and ice, never knowing what the universe is sowing.
Well, at least when I sat down, giving up on my travails, a special woman
who at times, seems to be out there, lands a perfect warm and loving
kiss on my cheek and buries her head against my shoulder. They all
tell me that she lives inside of me, and at times I believe it.
Yet, the world is “nasty brutish and short’ as they say, but at least,
when in my life I face the irreconcilable, I can sometimes sit with a few
friends outside the café on a lovely day and know that the perfect kiss that
the angels have in store for me, just might be coming. So yes:
WHAT A DAY!
b silverman
No comments:
Post a Comment