Solstice Dreams: to be revealed
I am watching myself grow old and I’m beginning
to doubt most of what I’ve been told,
You see, it’s less about filling my own cup
And more about whooping it up as I continue to unfold.
And as for the essential me, I can’t reveal my identity
until I’m rejected yet again by a metallic world that can
not see who I was meant to be.
There are hands far beyond what the mind understands
that are shaped in a foundry whose width has no boundary,
that carry us to ancient and distant lands.
And so the friends and lovers I’ve known reveal the ways
I have grown beyond seeing how they are broken or how
they’ve mis-spoken and instead, remind me that behind
the flesh and bone lies a human soul carved in stone:
that cannot be defaced and can never be erased.
No comments:
Post a Comment