Wednesday, April 14, 2021

I Woke Up Yelling, "No one is Wearing a Mask!"

 

I Woke Up Yelling, "No one is Wearing a Mask!"

From the dream I recalled the bones and dirt of my old self being swept aside in a desert as I excavated the pit of an uncertain new self.

I slept again, and devoured a succulent apricot, discarding the huge seed-pit that had birthed it. No doubt, that old seed would be toxic in my new life.

I slept yet again and searched in vain for the familiar blue tunic that has defined me; perhaps I'm being called to release the grip of my fear and weave a new, yet ancient, cloth of myself.

We endure the pain of trying to decipher the symbols and hieroglyphs of elders that would inform the next courses of our lives.

Truth be told, only we can mastermind the next journey across the vast western desert, and the journey will be fruitless unless "no one is wearing a mask."




No comments:

Post a Comment